This year Spring will be coming coming early as Punxsutawney Phil, a 19th century born groundhog, emerged from his tree stump around dawn this morning and did not see his shadow. Phil made his prediction before thousands who braved the stormy conditions at Gobbler’s Knob in Punxsutawney, PA .
Over the past 125 years of predictions, Phil has spotted his shadow 98-times [78%], but not today . While Phil’s proponents maintain that his predictions are 100 percent accurate, the U.S. National Climatic Data Center (NCDC) has estimated that Phil is correct only about 40 percent of the time. For those who couldn’t attend the ceremony, immortal Phil got his message out in some decidedly 21st-century ways, by texting his forecast (to sign up, text “groundhog” to 247365) and, of course, updating his Facebook status and the Pennsylvania-tourism Twitter feed.
- quiltedclouds likes this
- shannonsteph reblogged this from thecompetitiveedge
- zeitlauf likes this
- notsomuchofaprincess reblogged this from thecompetitiveedge and added:
- e-s-a-i reblogged this from thecompetitiveedge
- wtf-pennsylvania likes this
- thecompetitiveedge posted this